[pmwiki-users] accents in page title

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Mon Jul 22 07:03:47 PDT 2024

Le 22/07/2024 à 15:28, Petko Yotov a écrit :
> On 22/07/2024 14:59, jdd at dodin.org wrote:
>> I try to prevent french accents in page title, when creating one, for
>> example like [[la page de l'été|+]], I try to write it [[la page de l
>> ete|+]] and write accents in the (:title La page de l'été:) of the
>> page.
>>
>> But it happen some time that I forget it
>>
>> is it still necessary?
>
> If you have 2 links [[la page de l'été]] and [[la page de l ete]] they
> normally link to different pages.

sure. I don't want to have two links. But, at least some time ago the
accented link didn't resolve well (the problem I had do not seems to
exist anymore, from my tests just done), but I don't have anymore
example to give, as I hunted all these pages down to remove them :-)

> Also, your wiki page URLs without international characters may be
> shorter and nicer. It is not necessary but may be welcome.

yes, it's what I was thinking

> There is a recipe ISO8859MakePageNamePatterns that removes all accents
> from page names in Western languages. Note you shouldn't install it if
> you already have page names with international characters. Also it is
> not currently compatible with UTF-8.

oh. so not to be used now where utf8 is nearly everywhere

In addition, like PmWiki, it
> assumes the English style apostrophe where it converts "don't" to
> "Dont", while in French you would want to capitalize the word after the
> apostrophe to LaPageDeLEte and not LaPageDeLete.

not a real problem for me.

thanks
jdd

--