[pmwiki-users] Self-referencing link from the sidebar?? Possible????

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Dec 15 21:21:48 PST 2023

On 15/12/2023 20:39, Neil Herber (nospam) wrote:
> While waiting for the mailing list, I found the solution!
>
> [[{*$FullName}?userlang=en|Switch to English]]
>
> As described in the Special references section of
> https://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/PageVariables
>
>> Prefixing the variable name with an asterisk (*) means the variable's
>> value is related to the browsed page or main (body) page.

Indeed.

>> The PmWiki site itself seems to be rendering pages very slowly. About
>> 20 to 30 seconds for a direct URL.

In the last few days there has been what appears to be a DDoS attack to
pmwiki.org, mostly from Chinese IP address ranges. I've been blocking
these but it is a cat-and-mouse game.

The mailing list only distributed your messages just now, after I
blocked 40 ranges and the server load came down. BTW your reply came
before your question. :-)

Petko