[pmwiki-users] Self-referencing link from the sidebar?? Possible????

Neil Herber (nospam) nospam at eton.ca
Fri Dec 15 09:38:35 PST 2023

I am using the Multilanguage recipe to switch between French and English
on this site:

https://hambone.ca/index.php/CSM2024/HomePage

I want the "switch link" to appear at the top of the sidebar. So if a
person is on any of the pages in the CSM2024 group, they will stay on
that page, but the text will switch language.

However, when I use a switch like:

[[{$FullName}?userlang=en|Switch to English]]

The {$FullName} page variable resolves to "SideBar" rather than
"TheDisplayedPage" and the user gets taken to the SideBar page.

As a workaround, I have set the switch as follows:

[[HomePage?userlang=en|Switch to English]]

but that moves the viewer away from the page they were on.

Is there a way to specify the "TheDisplayedPage" rather than the
"SideBar" ???

Neil

PS: The PmWiki site itself seems to be rendering pages very slowly.
About 20 to 30 seconds for a direct URL.

Neil Herber