[pmwiki-users] Error 406

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Dec 9 21:21:29 PST 2021

This error code is never issued by the PmWiki core, so I suspect a
server (mis-)configuration. This request is blocked, never reaching
PmWiki.

The first thing I'd check is that the server accepts pathname
information, like you use pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage instead of
pmwiki.php?n=Main.HomePage. If it is disabled, on the Apache server it
can be enabled with this line in .htaccess:

   AcceptPathInfo On

However, since you say it only happens when you post an edit form, and
only on some pages, it may be a web application firewall (WAF) doing
this. Many hosting providers use the "mod_security" WAF, and you need to
review the documentation of your hosting provider about what can be
configured and how.

Petko

--
If you upgrade :  http://www.pmwiki.org/Upgrades