[pmwiki-users] orientation flag and images

jdd at dodin.org jdd at dodin.org
Wed Aug 7 23:00:48 PDT 2019

Le 07/08/2019 à 23:28, Petko Yotov a écrit :
> PmWiki doesn't do any image orientation/rotation at all. What you see is
> done by the browser, only.

but same thing in Firefox and Chromium :-(, and why do the thumnail do
not have the same orientation than the very same open image? Firefox do
not see the thumb like an image?

> Browsers do not always behave identically, so I recommend using at least
> `exiftran -a` on the uploaded (or soon to be uploaded) pictures.

well, I don't want any tool to do the rotation for me. I do it manually
in digikam (but unedited images do not have the flag normalized, I
guess, I also asked to digikam list)

> Note that your desktop picture viewer (gPicView, gThumb, GIMP,
> kolourpaint among others) and possibly your file manager may rotate the
> pictures while viewing, so you wouldn't know if they are actually saved
> upright or only have an orientation tag.

yes. Some app do, some others don't and even some looks at the ration
L/l to try :-(

> BTW the PmWiki gallery addons "Mini" and "Thumblist" do not use
> orientation tags either.

ok, I much prefer this. I use default Firefox setup (because I try to
cope with my reader's install, not mine)

thanks :-)

jdd

--
http://dodin.org