[pmwiki-users] Stand alone wiki on an Android device ?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Jul 17 16:19:09 CDT 2017

A few years ago I've tried installing a PHP server and PmWiki on Android
but wasn't lucky enough to get it to work.

I've used WikiAndPad, a free/open source standalone wiki:

   http://wikidpad.sourceforge.net/WikiAndPad.html

TBH I didn't use it as a wiki but as a reference. It was easy enough to
convert a large data set -- more than 10K full medication notices (every
medication sold in France) -- to the format of that software and make it
possible to find a medicine with the lightning fast built-in search (by
title only) and read the full notice. It performed reasonably well for
several months then simply broke and nothing, even purging and
reinstalling, couldn't bring it back to life. It was in Alpha and I had
no time to investigate so I moved on.

Both these should have improved since then and are worth reviewing.

About offline PmWiki on a mobile device, there is Dr Toolbox, a learning
resource for medical students built on a _highly_ customized PmWiki
installation. It has an Android and an iOS "offline apps", that download
the wiki content to the device and make it available for reading and
searching even offline. Editing is not yet possible from the mobile
apps.

   https://www.dr-toolbox.com/Main/App

If someone is interested, I can provide support and develop mobile apps
for another PmWiki-based project (for hire), please contact me
privately.

Petko

---
Change log     :  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/ChangeLog