[pmwiki-users] Stand alone wiki on an Android device ?

Chuck Dee chuckdee at chuckdee.net
Mon Jul 17 14:35:42 CDT 2017

I use Ema Personal Wiki for my needs on Android.  Syncs to dropbox as plain
text files and there is a windows application.  And it's open source.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.janwillemboer.ema

https://github.com/janwillemb/Ema-Personal-Wiki

http://jwbs-blog.blogspot.com/2010/09/ema-personal-wiki-for-android-and.html

Works very well for my uses.

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 7:01 AM, Will Langford <unfies at gmail.com> wrote:

> Did a tiny bit of work on this.. not a whole lot.
>
> Not wanting to spend even $2 on a webserver, was looking at free stuff.
>
> ----
>
> "Server for PHP" is free, but pmwiki don't work apparently.  Has no ads
> though, which is nice and kinda makes it preferred heh.
>
> pmwiki.php - Call to undefined function crypt() in pmwiki.php line 480
>
> I kinda don't understand how that error is even possible heh. Aint crypt()
> a built in?!
>
> ----
>
> "Palapa Web Server" is free, and might work.  It has ads on it's status
> screen though, which is irksome.
>
> Based on lighthttpd.
>
> Extracting the wiki to it and browsing to it yielded a permissions problem
> on wiki.d ... restarting the server seemed to fix it.  During the restart,
> also added pmwiki.php to it's list of "index" files.  Was able to edit
> Main/Homepage without drama.
>
> Copied over sample-config.php, renamed it, set the script/pub url's and
> wiki / site name.  Seems okay.  Haven't tried uploads yet.  Haven't done
> any the rewrite rules stuff for clean url's etc.
>
> -unfy / Will
>

> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 4:45 PM, Edwin Marte <edwin.marte at leidba.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello William,
>>
>> I haven't tried that but I think the idea is interesting and could be
>> very useful. I did a quick search and found a few options that may o may
>> not work. Pmwiki only needs  a php server as far as I understand so we have Ultil
>> Server
>> <https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.icecoldapps.ultiserver&hl=en>,
>> Droidphp <http://droidphp.github.io/> and here there is a good tutorial
>> <http://blog.laptopmag.com/android-web-server>.
>>
>> I haven't tested none of them but I surely sometimes during this week
>> will try Ultil Server.
>>
>> I hope this helps and looking forward to see your results
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 2:48 PM, William Langford <unfies at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> 'lo,
>>>
>>> First, a LONG preface.  Six months ago I bought an android based
>>> tablet.  It's a nice Yoga 2 from Lenovo.  Not bottle barrel atom processor,
>>> 1080p screen, 20+ hours of battery life, 2 weeks of stand by time (or
>>> something).  The hardware seems to fit my base desires for a tablet just