[pmwiki-users] Blocked loading mixed active content

pce at accesswave.ca pce at accesswave.ca
Mon Jul 11 14:21:50 CDT 2016

Hi, all-

I've updated the .htaccess file on my site to translate all incoming
requests from "http://xxx" to "https://xxx" - or at least I had. When I
did this PmWiki stopped working, due to hard-coded "http" requests in
various places. The typical error message in the FireFox (and Chrome)
console logs was

Blocked loading mixed active content "http://xxx.org/wiki/pub/skins/..."

There were errors with many files, not just those in the skin.

My version is 2.2.28.

Short of editing a lot of code (which might get overwritten next time I
upgrade) any suggestions on how to get around this? I could add a
special RewriteCond rule, just for PmWiki, to my .htaccess file but that
seems a bit extreme.

Thanks

Peter