[pmwiki-users] Disappearing backslashes?

Steve Glover steve.glover at ed.ac.uk
Thu Jan 28 11:47:44 CST 2016

On 26/01/16 16:33, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I just tried this in the WikiSandbox on pmwiki.org and the following
> appears to work fine:
>
> [@
> openssl pkcs12 -export -in certificate.crt -inkey private.key \
>   -certfile int.pem -out certificate.pkcs12
> @]
>
> I'm guessing there may be a recipe or local customization on your site
> that is causing the backslashes to disappear.

That must be it, I guess. I'm on pmwiki-2.2.83 on PHP 5.3.3 on CentOS. I
was certain I didn't have any recipes that were likely to interfere with
editing until I went and had another look, commenting them out of
config.php on a test copy.

And, of course, it was the first recipe I tried removing: the
'2011-02-16'version of convert-html.php.

I put it back, though, as I suspect I had it there for a reason, but it
turns out that

 >>pre<<
   openssl pkcs12 -export -in certificate.crt -inkey private.key \
     -certfile int.pem -out certificate.pkcs12
 >><<

gives me what I want, anyway.

Thanks indeed for this - and also to Petko

Cheers

Steve

> Pm
>
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 04:17:51PM +0000, Steve Glover wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A colleague is trying to include an example command line in a page, thus:
>>
>> [@
>>   openssl pkcs12 -export -in certificate.crt -inkey private.key -certfile
>> int.pem -out certificate.pkcs12
>> @]
>>
>> Unfortunately, the command is too long to display without running off the
>> right-hand side of the allowable text area.
>>
>> The traditional way to break such a line, and indicate to the reader that
>> the linebreak is not meant to be there is to finish the first line with a
>> backslash, thus:
>>
>> [@
>> openssl pkcs12 -export -in certificate.crt -inkey private.key \
>>   -certfile int.pem -out certificate.pkcs12
>> @]
>>
>> However, if you try this, not only does the backslash not render, but
>> returning to the edit window reveals it has actually disappeared from the
>> page text.
>>
>> Doubling the backslash works, sort of, but the next time the page is saved,
>> it disappears again, leaving a single backslash in the text, which then
>> disappears on the next edit....
>>
>> I suggested using \, but the [@ ... @] stops that from rendering.
>>
>> I did manage to find a previous example in the mailing list
>>
>> http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2007-April/041255.html
>>
>> but the fixes there don't work. I'm guessing that part of PmWiki or PHP has
>> changed since then.
>>
>> Any ideas, please?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> --

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.