[pmwiki-users] date on main page

jdd jdd at dodin.org
Sat Dec 3 03:56:09 CST 2016

Le 03/12/2016 à 09:49, DK-ML a écrit :

 > Linux-020 is a monthly walk-in in Amsterdam where we help people to
 > start using Linux.

nice town. I went there twice last year, one on a travel to openSUSE
Conference 2015 in Den Haag, then again in July with my wife

> You may want to have a look at
>
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PLEventList

I see, but it's not what I want. Our bi-monthly events all have the same
content, only the date change, so I only want to display the next date
on the main page as a reminder for visitors.

in bash, date is given by

for i in $(seq 0 20); do semaine=$((2*i)); date -d "20131228 $semaine
week" +'* %A %d %B %Y'; done

where the given date (here 20131228) is only the starting point, that is
the date of the last meeting.

for example, in bash,

$ meet=20161210 ; semaine=2; date -d "$meet $semaine week" +'Next date
%A %d %B %Y';

print (in french)

Next date samedi 24 décembre 2016

what I need is not exactly that, it's

* start from a known date in some variable
* add two weeks and store this date as other (or same) variable
* display the date
* when this date is over, loop to start

all this in pmwiki, of course and automatically.

I may build a pmwiki page from bash, but it's really crude :-(

thanks
jdd