[pmwiki-users] Wither Creole? (pun intended)
randy at brownragfilms.com
Tue Aug 11 05:08:41 CDT 2015
"WikiCreole 1.0 support” is still on PmWiki's roadmap. But do any PmWiki developers actually offer or encourage the use of Creole?
I use it and I’d like to see it succeed, but if the Creole ship is slowly sinking, I don’t want to throw more luggage on board.
What do you think? Does it have a future? I don’t hear much about it anymore.
- its similarity to other wiki markup languages,
- its use of backslashes mid-line to make a line break, and
- its non-use of apostrophes as markup
- asterisks and equal signs, like brackets, can be hard to type on a touchscreen device. But that’s somewhat counterbalanced by the fact that positioning the cursor between two apostrophes can be hard, and visually two of them look just like a double quote - especially to beginners.
- PmWiki’s documentation is not in Creole, so that can be confusing.
What would you do if you were starting a new wiki for novice users? Enable Creole? Encourage it? Discourage it?
More information about the pmwiki-users