[pmwiki-users] preg_replace (RFC)

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Dec 5 15:35:57 CST 2014

On Fri, Dec 05, 2014 at 10:26:33PM +0100, Peter Bowers wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 4, 2014 at 9:55 AM, Hans Bracker <design at softflow.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Could  PmWiki  be more specific to identify in which function call and
> > script offending regular expressions reside?
> >

> It occurs to me that the stopwatch() function could be modified to respond
> to a variable $EnableDebugStackTrace and then spread throughout the code a
> little more widely (always at the begin and exit point of key functions)
> and it could be constantly updating a stacktrace which could then be
> printed off in an error handler...

Veto.  For this to be useful, the recipe authors would have to be the ones
calling StopWatch() at appropriate entry/exit points.  I neither want to
increase the burden on recipe authors nor rely on them to get this
exactly right.  I think it would be worse to provide misleading info
than none at all.