[pmwiki-users] PmWiki Noob - Custom CSS

Lars Eighner surname at larseighner.com
Fri Mar 15 08:54:48 CDT 2013

On Thu, 14 Mar 2013, Brian Middleton wrote:

> !Vent Status
> (:div class="looknfeel":)
> !!Privacy Policy
> (:div class="looknfeel":)
> Junk
> (:divend:)
> (:divend:)

I'm not sure this is the cause of your problem, but you cannot nest (:div :)
like html <div>.

If you open a second div, it has to be (:div2 :) and be closed with
(:div2end:)

You can have plenty of div on the page, but the child must be div2, the
grandchild div3 and so forth.  And of course they must be properly nested.

Fortunately, most of the page glue divs are out in the template where they
are ordinary html div and play by the html rules.  But if you have formed
the habit of styling with div (<div class="red"><div class="small"><div
class="sanserif">) (:div:) will break you of that or drive you insane.

I did not know border collapse was good for anything outside of tables.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html