[pmwiki-users] Default Skin and Responsive Web Design for mobile browsers

John Rankin john.rankin at affinity.co.nz
Sun Jun 30 16:33:13 CDT 2013

On 30/06/13 7:02 PM, Petko Yotov wrote:
> John Rankin writes:
>> A somewhat related question: is there a need for an epubSkin to produce
>> documents suitable for ebook readers?
>
> I'd love to see a pmwiki-to-epub recipe working with UTF-8 text. The
> *.epub format is well documented and recognized by many devices,
> supports links, pictures and stylesheets. It could be a great way to
> have a "portable" readonly snapshot of your wiki anywhere.
>
> I know an online library where their sources are text markup and they
> produce excellent *.epub files: https://gitorious.org/chitanka . We
> may look at how they do it.
As "tamouse" pointed out a while ago, there is also calibre's command
line interface and pandoc http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/. I did some
brief experiments using calibre, using the html output from PublishPDF
on a big html file generated from a pmwiki trail page. It looks
promising, but one needs the right html classes and a suitable css for
best results. There are some sample epub css files around the web, but I
haven't had an opportunity to explore these.

JR

--
John Rankin
Affinity Limited