[pmwiki-users] <p> in advanced tables

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Mon Jan 7 07:05:50 CST 2013

On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 12:19:02PM +0100, Petko Yotov wrote:
> Oliver Betz writes:
> >thanks, I will try that (but not try to understand).
>
> It inserts a line break in the source if you havent't inserted it yourself.
>
> >Do you think that everything should be wrapped in <p> even if there is
> >only one line of text in the source?

In general, I'm against wrapping everything in <p>.  For one, in
HTML 4 (and I think HTML 5 also) the <p> elements don't allow
nested block elements.

See examples:
    http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/1959
    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.web.wiki.pmwiki.user/1798

Much of what I know about <p> may be out of date here, though;
I just know that HTML's definition for <p> has always been
problematic.