[pmwiki-users] 4+ links on page preventing saving

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Sun Feb 17 12:10:23 CST 2013

On Sat, Feb 16, 2013 at 10:46:36AM -0800, Kyle Newton wrote:
> Hmm... the response seems to suggest "forbidden access" which is
> strange because editing and saving the page with 3 or fewer links (or none)
> works.
>
> ?invalid page namep=403.Shtml, pagename=403.shtml

This is almost certainly mod_security getting in the way.

Mod_security is looking at the contents of your post, detecting
that there are 4+ http:// strings in the post contents, and
redirecting the page to /403.shtml .  This new url is then being
forwarded somehow to PmWiki, which considers "403.shtml" to be
an invalid pagename.

You probably need to search namecheap's web hosting forums or
contact their technical support to find out how to disable or
adjust the mod_security settings on your hosting account.

(I just searched namecheap's hosting forums for "mod_security"
and the general response seems to be to contact their technical
support.)