[pmwiki-users] Wiki maintenance

michael paulukonis xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 08:12:17 CDT 2013

Oh, dear, it seems I've accidentally wakened an Elder God!

The Site group sounds reasonable, as does [[!SiteMaintenance]]] - which
doesn't smell remotely like SmurfNaming.

I should have thought of that before - I use pages in my own Site group for
notes about the specific site.

>The main reason I'd give for not choosing to put it in is that it
doesn't seem to be an obvious place that people think of for it.

That's what search and cross-reference linking is for.

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
Interference Patterns (a blog) <http://www.xradiograph.com%5Cinterference>
@XraysMonaLisa <https://twitter.com/XraysMonaLisa>
http://michaelpaulukonis.com

Sent from somewhere in the Cloud
(hearthrug, by the fender)

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>wrote:
First, I'll note that I don't see anything wrong with putting site
(pmwiki.org) maintenance details into the PmWiki/ group.  It won't
automatically become part of the distribution.

On the other hand, there is the Site/ wikigroup which is explicitly
intended for site-specific documents, so perhaps Site/Maintenance or
Site/SiteMaintenance is where documents and notes about maintaining
the pmwiki.org site could go.

The main reason I'd give for not choosing to put it in is that it
doesn't seem to be an obvious place that people think of for it.
OTOH, perhaps we should start encouraging this as a pattern, perhaps
even going so far as to create a template/dummy page to be included
in the distributions.

For a category tag, I suggest [[!SiteMaintenance]].

Pm