[pmwiki-users] Wiki maintenance

michael paulukonis xraysmalevich at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 22:07:16 CDT 2013

>If I understand correctly, the [[!Maintenance]] category was used in the
past for pages needing some fixing.

Simon said pretty much the same thing, which surprised me, since it _looks_
like it's _about_ maintenance, as opposed to _needs_ maintenance.

"WikiMaintenance" was suggested, but that sounds a bit like smurf-naming
(wiki-edit a wiki-page to make wiki-changes when you are doing
wiki-maintenance in a wiki-group).

I was asking because there isn't a page in the wiki with this information
-- how to maintain the wiki, the difference between despam and desandbox,
etc.
It should not go into Core distribution, as it pertains to the maintenace
of the PmWiki website itself.

Since there seems to be only a small handful of pages with the
[[!Maintenace]] tag on them, and there is a page Cookbook.Maintenance --
which is, unsurprising, not named so in order to draw attention and have
itself fixed, as much as it is _about_ maintaining the cookbook -- I will
probably double-check any existing tag of [[!Maintenance]] to see if it
should be changed to [[!NeedsMaintenance]] or [[!NeedsAttention]] or
[[!UpdateMe]] (they aren't the same -- one is definitely needs change, one
is asking for another set of eyes), as will as creating a page about
Maintaining the wiki.

-Michael Paulukonis
http://www.xradiograph.com
<http://goog_2112721603>Interference Patterns (a