[pmwiki-users] Pmwiki Reader application

V.Krishn vkrishn4 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 00:07:16 CST 2012

On Thursday, January 12, 2012 04:35:55 AM you wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 1:48 PM, V.Krishn <vkrishn4 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a working demo for application discussed here.
> > http://pmichaud.com/pipermail/pmwiki-users/2011-December/059775.html
> >
> > The application is still in alpha state.
> > It would be great to get some feedback.
> >
> > The application is in an iso format and can be run as a web-service using
> > qemu/kvm or burned on cd. Presently only for testing, though it can be
> > used effectively for personal use.
> >
> > Petko:
> > Would it be ok to upload the file(30mb in size) on Pmwiki.org?
> > Thanks.
> >
> > --
> > Regards.
> > V.Krishn

> Does this application take into account various configuration values
> and cookbook recipes that may be being used by the wiki in question?
Yes.
> I.e., is this going to be an accurate representation of the wiki pages
> as they would be displayed by a fully installed and customized pmwiki
> installation?
I am trying, most likely can be.

I would also be uploading a sample file, which is a copy of insteps.net with
extra configs removed. The sample can serve as a base template.
There are just few things to keep in note while creating such compressed
files.
Not to set:
1. $ScriptUrl, $PubDirUrl .
2. Any internal InterMap values.
3. Any absolute url values in scripts, js or css.

Petko:
I have managed to bring the file size to less than 20mb for now, but coming
versions it may go upto 25mb. I hope this can be uploaded to Pmwiki.org?

--
Regards.
V.Krishn