[pmwiki-users] Issue displaying contents of group

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Tue Dec 11 14:00:39 CST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Mike Holisky <mholisky at mcad.edu> wrote:

> I just upgraded from 2.1.26 to 2.2.45 and I'm having issues with my
> groups not displaying their contents.  When I click on the contents link
> for each of my groups, all I get is the contents of "Site". Like
> "AllRecentChanges, AuthForm, Authuser..." and never the list of pages
> that I expect.
>
> For instance I've got this in my sidebar
> >>sideContents<<
> [[Admin.Contents|+]]
> >><<
>
> This is in my Admin.Contents page.
> (:include {$SiteGroup}.Contents:)
>
> I'm at a lost on how I can get my users to display all the pages in
> group when .Contents does not work.

I'm sorry, but I'm not getting a clear picture of what you want to happen
and what is actually happening.  You've shown us the source of some of your
pages, but you haven't told us what is actually appearing as compared with
what you want to appear...

Could you perhaps point us to an actual web-site where we can see what's
happening if it's not behind a firewall?

Be aware that the page name "Contents" is not special in any sense -- it
will display exactly the contents you put in the page.  If you put a
*pagelist* then you could get a list of the pages within that group, but
you're not going to get that in any page without putting the pagelist
there...

(I'm going to take a wild guess that your Site.Contents contains markup
like (:pagelist group={$Group}:) when it should be (:pagelist
group={*$Group}:) or visa versa -- that would be the change that comes to
mind that would have an impact similar to what I may be understanding from
your difficulty.)

-Peter