[pmwiki-users] Would the sqlite recipe gain anything in storing pages in separate tables based on group?

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Mon Aug 6 22:17:02 CDT 2012

Alex Eftimiades writes:
> 	I just got the sqlite recipe working with all the pages switched
> over to the database, and after looking at the database structure, I thought
> it was odd that it did not use separate tables for different groups. I would
> think this would cut down on the time it takes to access pages, but I could
> be wrong.

Yes, having all pages in a single table cuts down the time it takes to
access a table and a page in the table.

> I do not know very much about databases in general.

Generally (and in this case too) when records (here: wikipages) have the
same structure, they are better to be in the same table, not in different
tables.

> I was just wondering whether this was worth working on.

Probably not, if you want to optimize the recipe.
Probably yes, if you want to learn about managing SQLite databases with PHP.

Petko