[pmwiki-users] Added meta tags and schema.org microdata injection into pages

Carlos AB cabsec.pmwiki at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 04:41:47 CDT 2011

On 10/1/11, kirpi at kirpi.it <kirpi at kirpi.it> wrote:
>> Pehaps just using a markup for each html meta entry...
>> (:facebookmeta name=??? description=??? image=??? :)
>
> Yes, Carlos, that would be the right way: sort of how the default
>
> But I personally didn't yet find out how to write one.
> I've been playing with a few pages [1][2] but, not being much versed
> in technical issues, I did not manage come up with a real, working
> thing.
> It's all far from straightforward unless one is used to programming.
>
> Luigi
>
> ----
> [1] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkup
> [2] http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/CustomMarkupAlt

Ok.

Do you want help or do you want to find out for yourself?

Here are some clues:

You'll have to write a markup rule and a function; The markup rule
calls the function and passes arguments for it ; Inside the function
you'll have to use the function called ParseArgs and then format the
arguments with the meta html markup you want; Last step is to assign
it to $HTMLHeaderFmt['facebookmeta'] - that has to be set as global
inside the function- and voilà! :-)

If you need more help, just ask.

CarlosAB