[pmwiki-users] Page Variable for Original Author

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Nov 5 10:50:34 CDT 2011

See http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/PageCreator.

> Also, I am looking for a recipe which can automatically create multiple
> pages with two clicks to set up the individual blogs...

Again, I have not had the chance to review the recipe, but see NewGroupBox:
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/NewGroupBox

> ps: on a side note and from my point of view, it would make sense to have
> cms version of pmwiki bundled with the most important recipes (newpagebox
> plus, htpasswdform, editattributes, movepage, cmsmode, extendconditional,
> sitemap, etc.) and a customized EditForm (which already features dedicated
> Title, Description and Keywords form fields) for those who use PmWiki as a
> CMS rather than a WikiWikiWeb. throw in a CMS friendly skin and
> default-config.php (with AuthUser enabled, etc.) and name the bundle
> PmWiki CMS (or similar).

At the moment Pm and I don't have the possibility to review and support all
recipes that might be used in a CMS installation.

But you can create a recipe page detailing how you use PmWiki as a CMS, which
recipes you recommend, and even support and offer for download your bundle.
Just don't call it "PmWiki CMS" or "PmCMS" as visitors may assume that Pm
wrote it or endorses it; a better name would be "Form based CMS" or something
less generic like "JoshCMS", etc.

Other people have done it for blogs, see
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/Bundles
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CMS
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Category/WikipediaSuite

Petko

P.S. We all use PmWiki for content management, PmWiki *is* a content
management system. For example I use none of the recipes listed above for my
content management. :-) So, it depends on the needs of each team, or more
likely on the admin's (or management's) assumptions about these needs.