[pmwiki-users] Page Variable for Original Author

a.sonderhoff at gassi-tv.de a.sonderhoff at gassi-tv.de
Sat Nov 5 08:51:10 CDT 2011

Is there an easy way to have something like {$LastModifiedBy} for the original author of a page, e. g. {$FirstModifiedBy} or something similar? I am currently setting up a blog system where I need the original author named automatically.

Also, I am looking for a recipe which can automatically create multiple pages with two clicks to set up the individual blogs. I would need to build a custom form to put in the required information (name of the blog, the user who runs the blog) and the recipe should create certain pages from templates, fill in the parts which need filling in (Title, description and stuff like that) and set the attributes (user rights) according to what I need. I looked into newpageboxplus (which I am using a lot) but that's only good for single pages and cannot modify/set group and page attributes (user rights). of course I could do that with a standalone php script, but that way AllRecentChanges and the search index won't include the new groups and pages.

thanks in advance!
-josh

ps: on a side note and from my point of view, it would make sense to have cms version of pmwiki bundled with the most important recipes (newpagebox plus, htpasswdform, editattributes, movepage, cmsmode, extendconditional, sitemap, etc.) and a customized EditForm (which already features dedicated Title, Description and Keywords form fields) for those who use PmWiki as a CMS rather than a WikiWikiWeb. throw in a CMS friendly skin and default-config.php (with AuthUser enabled, etc.) and name the bundle PmWiki CMS (or similar).

--
ALJOSCHA SONDERHOFF
brand & marketing

office +49 2238 4629519