[pmwiki-users] Petko's E2100/US$2, 963 bid for WYSIWYG capability

Ville Takanen ville.takanen at iki.fi
Fri May 20 01:48:41 CDT 2011

I agree.

If the WYSIWYG edit is complementary to normal wiki edit - supporting older
browsers for WYSIWYG is not really worth the effort. Especially as (IIRC
and) IE8 is available on WinXP.

ps.
Petkos Alpha version is excellent POC work. I feel that WYSIWYG should only
support basic wikisyntax and just display all directives etc as inline
wiki-code. IMO the WYSIWYG's main audience is basic users and quick editing.
Not page layout or wiki content design.

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Re Browsers, I wouldn't hope for support for more than a subset of
> http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/articles/gbs/
> perhaps Chrome, IE8/9, Firefox 4, Opera 11.
>
> cheers

> On 20 May 2011 15:01, Radu Luchian <radu at monicsoft.net> wrote:
>
>> I could not make it cross-browser - it would work only in IE5.5, so I gave
>> it up.

Ville Takanen