[pmwiki-users] Remember Password Feature in Firefox

Dominique Faure dominique.faure at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 11:56:53 CST 2011

On Tue, Mar 8, 2011 at 15:38, Sebastian Schneider <sesc at unibw.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know this might be a firefox-issue, but I thought I'd still give this list
> a try, since the problem only occurs to me with pmwiki pages.
>
> I'm using the "remember my password"-feature from firefox and I have a
> pmwiki-page. Now I have two different pages, let's say Main.Page1 and
> Main.Page2.
>
> I set the passwords for viewing, editing, attribute changing and uploading
> for the first page to "page1" and for the second page to "page2".
>
> Now, the first time I try to open Main.Page1 it asks for a password. I enter
> "page1" and allow firefox to store the password. Now, when I go to got to
> Main.Page2, firefox fills in the password field with the stored password
> "page1", which obviously doesn't open the site.
>
> If I enter the correct password "page2", firefox asks me if I want to change
> the previously stored password.
>
> How come, that firefox doesn't recognize, that Main.Page1 and Main.Page2 are
> different pages, and store the passwords for each Page individually?
>
> Could this have to do with the Adress-Rewrite-Rules, that make Links to
> Pages appear as: http://www.example.com/Main/Page1?
>
> Thanks for your tipps,
>
> Sebastian

Hi,

A solution could be to have password remembering disabled for all the wiki.
According to this page:

http://www.dailygyan.com/2008/08/force-firefox-to-remember-password-of.html

this could be made using an edited Site.AuthForm page containing the
following directive.

(:input password name=authpw autocomplete=off:)

I didn't test this.
--
Dominique