[pmwiki-users] Remember Password Feature in Firefox

Sebastian Schneider sesc at unibw.de
Tue Mar 8 08:38:27 CST 2011

Hello,

I know this might be a firefox-issue, but I thought I'd still give this
list a try, since the problem only occurs to me with pmwiki pages.

I'm using the "remember my password"-feature from firefox and I have a
pmwiki-page. Now I have two different pages, let's say Main.Page1 and
Main.Page2.

I set the passwords for viewing, editing, attribute changing and
uploading for the first page to "page1" and for the second page to "page2".

Now, the first time I try to open Main.Page1 it asks for a password. I
enter "page1" and allow firefox to store the password. Now, when I go to
got to Main.Page2, firefox fills in the password field with the stored
password "page1", which obviously doesn't open the site.

If I enter the correct password "page2", firefox asks me if I want to
change the previously stored password.

How come, that firefox doesn't recognize, that Main.Page1 and Main.Page2
are different pages, and store the passwords for each Page individually?

Could this have to do with the Adress-Rewrite-Rules, that make Links to
Pages appear as: http://www.example.com/Main/Page1?

Thanks for your tipps,

Sebastian