[pmwiki-users] Galleria

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Fri Jun 10 15:18:32 CDT 2011

On Friday 10 June 2011 20:23:12, DaveG wrote :
> According to http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Images, alt text is
> identified by double quotes immediately following the image url; a
> caption can follow separated by a vertical bar (|).

The text after the vertical bar is a caption, it appears in the wiki page, and
can contain styles, colors, links, etc.

> However, in a quick test (ref Test/Images-Draft), I think the docs are a
> little misleading, as further down it's noted that the pipe is to
> identify a Caption more than affecting the TITLE attribute.
>
> So, end result is I'm not sure how to identify a TITLE attribute for an
> image tag.

PmWiki adds the string in quotes in both alt= and title= attributes of the
image tag. You can see the HTML source code of the page.

Browsers should display the alt text when the image cannot be displayed, and
the title text in a tooltip box/bubble when the mouse cursor is positioned
over the image. (In the past, Internet Explorer used the alt text for both,
but this behavior is not standard.)

Petko