[pmwiki-users] Request for SSH or FTP access to a Mac server with Apache/PmWiki

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Sat Dec 31 04:45:20 CST 2011

I found the problem, it is the filename "normalization" performed by the HFS+
filesystem on Mac OS X -- it changes certain bits in some international
characters and PmWiki cannot recognize them.

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HFS%2B
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode_equivalence

This cannot be fixed by PmWiki, but we can make PmWiki encode those characters
in the filenames so that they don't get changed/lost.

From version 2.2.37, it should be possible to add to config.php such a line:

  $WikiDir->encodefilenames = 1;

Petko