[pmwiki-users] Configuring index.php

Edwin Marte edwin.marte at leidba.com
Wed Dec 28 15:14:49 CST 2011

On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM, Edwin Marte <edwin.marte at leidba.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 4:48 PM, Wade Lee Hudson <wade at wadehudson.net>wrote:
>
>>  Concerning http://obtcc.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php, as instructed, I created
>> an index.php file that contains this single line
>> <?php include_once('pmwiki.php');
>> and uploaded it to /public_html
>>

> check for cleanurls for more info
> http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls#index_php_note
>
> the only thing needed in index.php  file is the line   <?php
> include_once('pmwiki.php');  as you mentioned before.
>
> place the index.php in /pmwiki not in /
>
> Although, are you planning to run pmwiki from root folder  or from /pmwiki?
>

>> But in response to the question, "How do I make pmwiki.php the default
>> page for a website?" the documentation says<http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWiki/Installation>
>> :
>>
>> Create an index.php file that runs PmWiki from a subdirectory (pmwiki/
>> for example) and place it in the site's web document root (the main
>> directory for the website).
>>
>> <?php chdir('pmwiki'); include_once('pmwiki.php');
>>
>> Note: You will also need to explicitly set the $PubDirUrl variable (e.g.
>> to "http://example.com/pmwiki/pub" <http://example.com/pmwiki/pub>) in
>> local/config.php .
>>
>> Does that mean that I should add a line that reads
>> <?php chdir('pmwiki'); include_once('pmwiki.php');
>> to that index.php file on /public_html/
>>

>> Do I need to make it the default page? Isn't it already the default page?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Wade

just adding to previous question: if  you are planning to have pmwiki
installation on /pmwiki and the main page will be on server root / then
probably what you need is to use .htacces file like
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/CleanUrls#docroot  , you can ignore
cleanurl part if you are not interested on that, of course it is more
elegant and it would be my choice.

hope it helps,

Edwin