[pmwiki-users] Odd behaviour - wikicmds div missing at times

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Tue Dec 27 15:01:38 CST 2011

On Sunday 25 December 2011 21:31:24, Peter Payzant wrote :
> I'm getting a behaviour which I don't understand. At times,  the
> "wikicmds" div (View/Edit/History/Attach/Print/Backlinks/Logout) is not
> appearing on my pages. At other times it does appear as usual.
> I can't work out the circumstances under which this div doesn't appear.
> Can anyone shed any light on this?

These commands are actually in your wiki page [[Site.PageActions]].

On some pages or in a GroupHeader or GroupFooter you can have a (:noaction:)
command which disables the actions.

If a group contains a page named Group.PageActions, even if it is empty, it
will be used instead of the page Site.PageActions. Such a page should be
deleted with the keyword "delete" when saving the page.

If a user doesn't have a read permission for the group Site or for the page
Site.PageActions, the links will not be displayed.

If you use different skins in different areas of your wiki, some of them may
not be designed to include the *.PageActions pages.

Lastly, some recipes or skins may use the function SetTmplDisplay() or the
variable $TmplDisplay['PageActionFmt'] which may disable the page actions.

Petko