[pmwiki-users] adding auth levels

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Tue Dec 27 13:31:28 CST 2011

On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 at 07:26:46PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Saturday, December 24, 2011, 12:19:05 AM, Hans wrote:
>
> > is this about right, or did I miss something?
> > Please check
> > http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/AddingAuthLevels
>
> I would appreciate some feedback on this new cookbook page.
> Is it necessary to bind a new auth level into the password cascade?

AFAIR, it's not necessary to bind it into the password cascade.
My memory on PmWiki authorization is a bit fuzzy, but what you have
in the recipe sounds about right.

However, I would recommend using some word other than "post" for
the new authorization level, however, since "?action=post" is what
gets used to update the contents of a page during an edit (i.e.,
using the word "post" for two different things can add to confusion).
Suggestions might be "foxpost" or "postcomment" or "comment" or
something like that.