[pmwiki-users] So could the new mediawiki WYSIWYG editor be integrated into PmWiki?

Rogutės Sparnuotos rogutes at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 18 08:54:53 CST 2011

Al Louis Ripskis (2011-12-17 18:24):
> To Petko and anyone else who is knowledgeable about the inner workings of PmWiki:
> As to Eric's question:
> "Do you think it could easily be adapted/integrated into PmWiki?"
> Petko, or anyone, could you give us an estimate as to the number of hours that it would take to do it, and the cost?
> Thanks, and happy holidays,
> Al

Here is the page of the project:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Visual_editor

A status update, dated at 2011-12-13, says "first public developer
prototype was deployed to MediaWiki.org for public feedback and testing"
(and Eric linked to this prototype).

Code can be found here:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:VisualEditor

The prototype looks great, but I didn't have time to look at the code. It
would be useful to find out if the codebase could be used for PmWiki. But
I don't think it could done for a fee, because the editor is too young and
PmWiki's version would probably require too much maintenance. However, my
guess is that we will have it soon enough (if Wikipedia people continue
with their great work).

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos