[pmwiki-users] problem with the installation (related to the creation of .flock file by PmWiki)

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Thu Dec 1 15:53:26 CST 2011

On Thursday 01 December 2011 19:35:18, Arash Ostadzadeh wrote :
> After extracting the PmWiki archive
> to the "public_html" folder on the server, and creating the "wiki.d"
> folder manually (PmWiki was not able to create it) and changing the
> attributes to enable world write access, pmwiki.php nags with the
> following message:
>
> PmWiki can't process your request
> Cannot acquire lockfile
> We are sorry for any inconvenience.

Make sure you set the attributes of wiki.d "recursively". In my KDE file
manager I  need to check "Apply changes to all subfolders and their contents";
in a terminal, I need to enter something like:

  chmod --recursive 777 wiki.d

Petko

P.S. I assume that you are not on a read-only filesystem, and it is not full
but has some empty space. :-)