[pmwiki-users] problem with the installation (related to the creation of .flock file by PmWiki)

Arash Ostadzadeh ostadzadeh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 1 12:35:18 CST 2011

Hi

I have encountered a problem trying to install PmWiki and would
appreciate if you help me to find the cause of the problem.

Well, I didn't succeed to go far. After extracting the PmWiki archive
to the "public_html" folder on the server, and creating the "wiki.d"
folder manually (PmWiki was not able to create it) and changing the
attributes to enable world write access, pmwiki.php nags with the
following message:

PmWiki can't process your request
Cannot acquire lockfile
We are sorry for any inconvenience.

I have reviewed the probable causes of the problem stated in the
PmWiki website, but it seems they can not be the cause of my problem
or at least I can not understand and need your clarification.

I have noticed that the '.flock' file is not created at all in my
initial attempt for installation. What could possibly prevent pmwiki
to create this file, considering the fact that "wiki.d" is write
access enabled for everyone?

Any comment would be greatly appreciated.
-Arash