[pmwiki-users] URL/host based configuration

Tamara Temple tamouse.lists at tamaratemple.com
Thu Dec 1 10:28:46 CST 2011

Simon <nzskiwi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, firstly I am currently using IIS.

Okay, I've never used IIS, so I'm not sure what difference it makes.

> Secondly I can use index.php, but what difference would it make, PmWiki will still interpret the
> URL in the same way.

pmwiki will use the directory that index.php is in to look for the
various wiki-specific directories: local, wiki.d, uploads, cookbook,
pub ( maybe others, this is off the top of my head ). So you should have
a separate DocumentRoot for each subdomain, with it's own index.php file
and the above wiki directories.

> I have tried using Apache, but it didn't work there

What did you set up in Apache?

> I think that there needs to be an internal change to PmWiki somewhere

Not at all. I use it with different URLs and a single installation of
pmwiki just fine as it is. No modifications necessary at all.