[pmwiki-users] Mass delete pages/group ?

Peter Bowers pbowers at pobox.com
Thu Dec 1 10:08:20 CST 2011

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 4:25 PM, ABClf <languefrancaise at gmail.com> wrote:
> For my information, I would like to know what are the strategies when
> one wants to delete more than one page, and keep pmwiki working nicely
> ?
> Example : I want to delete one whole group ? I want to delete pages
> where name = x* (begins with letter x) ? or page older than x days ?

If wikish was installed with powertools you could do something like this:

pagelist group=Mygroup name=X* | xargs rm

-or-

pagelist group=Mygroup name=X* >Temp.Pages
rm `cat Temp.Pages`

or other similar approaches

WikiSh deletes pages by "editing" the text and replacing it with the
string "delete" and then "saving" it, all automatically.  Thus you end
up with the Page12341234,del as if you had deleted each one
individually...

Obviously appropriate permissions have to be set.  I won't go into it
unless you're interested...

-Peter