[pmwiki-users] What attachment operations do you want or need?

Eemeli Aro eemeli at gmail.com
Fri May 7 15:15:29 CDT 2010

On 7 May 2010 17:44, SteP <step.list+pmwiki at gmail.com> wrote:
> Peter Bowers wrote:
>
>>> When marking up, add a replace-on-edit rule for Attach:... if there
>>> is no file extension or if the extension isn't recognised, in which
>>> case the extension of the first matching uploaded attachment is
>>> appended.
>
> This is good enough to address my original request.

Aye, I was thinking the same. I'll code this up soonish.

> In fact, I wonder if it wouldn't just be better to extend Attach: rendering to wildcards:
>
> Attach:file.*   => shows all files that match file.*
>
> It sounds like a generalization of Petko's Thumblist - constrained to the Attach markup rules.

To me, that looks a little too far from the PmWiki norm, as well as a
departure from the templatability of pagelists: you can only list
multiple files based on the filename, and you can't easily define how
you separate the files from each other. Instead, I'd rather work at
extending pagelists to handle attachments as well.

eemeli