[pmwiki-users] pmwiki wiki.d error on Windows 2003 IIS

Fred Meyer 0majestic1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 16:16:15 CST 2009

I am attempting to transfer an existing installation of PMWiki from
one Windows 2003 server to another, but am running into the following
error on the new server:

PmWiki can't process your request
PmWiki needs to have a writable wiki.d/ directory before it can
continue. You can create the directory manually by executing the
following commands on your server:
    mkdir C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv/wiki.d
    chmod 777 C:\WINDOWS\system32\inetsrv/wiki.d

Both servers should be setup the same and I simply transferred the
files between servers. On the old sever the \wiki.d directory is
located at the same level (in the \wwwroot) as the other PMWiki
directories (local, pub, wikilib.d), but even with Everyone having
Full access to the /wwwroot/wiki.d on the new server, I still receive
this error.

Can someone tell me why PMWiki wants to put the wiki.d directory in
C:\Windows\System32\Inetserv\? Shouldn't it be looking in the \wwwroot
for this directory?

Any help you can provide would be appreciated.

-0majestic1