[pmwiki-users] embed blogger atom feed

Justin Davies jjd323 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 07:11:13 CDT 2009

I have finally got the RssFeedDisplay cookbook working using Magpie.
However, I have a further problem.

Using the following,

***CODE***
!Blog Feed:

(:RSS http://mertonmcrannouncements.blogspot.com/atom.xml :)

!Blog Feed Detailed:

(:RSS http://mertonmcrannouncements.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default :)
***CODE***

I produce this result (see http://mcr.merton.ox.ac.uk/Main/NewsAmpNotices ) :

Blog Feed:

MCR spring cleaning, espresso cups
Welcome
RSS
Blog Feed Detailed:

MCR spring cleaning, espresso cups
Your new committee's tireless effort to clean the MCR from top to
bottom was rewarded last night with the discovery of 24 espresso cups
in a forgotten corner of the storage room that had apparently not been
uncovered since 1998 AD - no more drinking coffee from port glasses...
We also expelled several types of mould that had been living in the
fridges for years without paying MCR fees. The MCR has never been this
clean!

http://res1.blogblog.com/tracker/6525613711791102503-7166113559076660065?l=mertonmcrannouncements.blogspot.com'/>
Welcome
This blog will be used to replace the traditional bi-weekly emails
from the Merton MCR president.
http://res1.blogblog.com/tracker/6525613711791102503-4654896643203226454?l=mertonmcrannouncements.blogspot.com'/>

The "Blog Feed" simply gives me titles, without summary (check out the
atom.xml to see that there is actually a summary there). The Blog Feed
Detailed manages to nicorporate the blog contents, but also some
undesired fluff at the end. I would like to not be displaying the
content, but without the bit "http://blah... blah />"   I think that
this is an error caused by the lack of whitespace before the end tag
but I am not sure.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Justin