[pmwiki-users] Fwd: write ptv to profiles page is a user logout

The Editor editor at fast.st
Thu Mar 5 17:32:14 CST 2009

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:13 PM, Peter Bowers <pbowers at pobox.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 8:56 PM, noskule <noskule at gmx.net> wrote:
>>
>>> no that's this mail about. The simples way would be to write a the "last
>>> action" ptv on every browse and edit action. But that seams not so smart, so
>>> I thought someone knows a way to do it just if the users get's logged out.
>>> either way, by logout action and by timeout.
>>>

>> a thougth about that. How does pmwiki logout a user by timeout? I guess
>> there's some sort of timestamp. So if the user get's logged out peter's
>> writeptv function could update the lastaction ptv.

>From my understanding, PmWiki doesn't do anything. After a given
period of time PHP automatically times out the session containing
their login information. So if they try to do an action after the
default 23 minutes or whatever it is, their login information is gone,
and they have to login all over again.

I don't think there's anyway to tap into that process and perform some
extra step, as you wish. You could very easily add the flag when a
person log's in and then have a list of changes since they last logged
in... Not ideal perhaps, but easy and sure.

Cheers,
Dan