[pmwiki-users] How to submit patches to PmWiki?

Chris Cox ccox at endlessnow.com
Fri Jun 26 11:27:55 CDT 2009

I think there are two sides... I like PmWiki as a set of lower level
tools... a toolkit upon which we can build extensions (we often call
these recipes).

The other side are those looking for a feature rich deployment platform
where little to no configuration (even downloading a "recipe") is
required.

So, with that said, I think the idea of "recipes" in the core is
possible, but I'd like to see it done in a way that does not require
adding bloat to the base PmWiki.  Perhaps some automated way to pull in
"signed" extensions afterward (?)... or maybe a large add-on download.
Of course, there will also be the normal "recipe" way of pulling in othe
rextensions (along with the problems and conflicts that they might
cause).

So, for example, I download PmWiki, which allows ME to build great
things.  But let's say there's feature-full blogging package that is now
part of the core (a "signed" extension).  And it has all the bells and
whistles of the major blogging packages out there, perhaps is close to
the size of the PmWiki core itself.  That piece could be optionally
added using some kind of automatic PmWiki package install command... or
it might be part of the larger inclusive extension package that I could
install.

Obviously, things like this would require some work.

Bug fixes though are fine.  And additions to the core that make it a
better more flexible toolkit is also fine.

Just some ideas...