[pmwiki-users] Improving PITS

Petko Yotov 5ko at 5ko.fr
Wed Jul 8 14:02:55 CDT 2009

On Wednesday 08 July 2009 20:02:48 Kathryn Andersen wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 08, 2009 at 05:38:14PM +0200, Petko Yotov wrote:
> > * new compact priority averages  (for 4+ votes)
>
> Unfortunately, the fact that it's for 4+ votes means that entries
> with fewer votes than that display an "average" of 0.0, which is
> confusing and misleading.  I think it would be better if it displayed an
> average for all entries, not just those which have 4+ votes.  Since you
> already display how many votes an entry has, it isn't like you're losing
> information.

Hi, and thanks for your comments! I'll reply in details in the next couple of
days, just a short note on the prioriries.

If you position your mouse cursor over the average priority, you can see in a
tooltip all the votes, so no information is lost.

I don't want entries with a single vote "5" ordered before entries with many
votes like "55555 331". For me, votes "55444431X" are of higher priority than
one vote "5", even if "5444431X" has an average lower than 4. That's why
there is a lower limit.

This way it seems easier to have a quick overview where people discuss and
what they think.

Thanks,
Petko