[pmwiki-users] wiki fixed structure

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 11:30:13 CST 2009

Thursday, January 29, 2009, 2:35:24 PM, boris pezzatti wrote:

> I'm a complete newbie of wikis and I would like to know if with pmWiki
> it is possible to define (maybe already exists) a page template, where
> the subsections are fixed and can not be modified ...

Have a look at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/EditTemplates
with an edit template each new page will be populated with the
content of the template, when you open the new page for editing first
time. Of course then anything can be changed, this being a wiki...

If you want to prevent editing of the main page content, and only
want to allow edits to certain values, it may be better to use forms
for posting and changing these values.

If you want to create a multi-language page, and users shall see  a
part of it in their choosen language, have  a look at
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/MultiLanguage
or also at http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/Cookbook/ViewModes
which can be adapted to offer as view options different language
selectors.

You could create an edit template which the different language
sections already laid out, and then just fill in as you edit the page.
But, as I said, anything could be changed.

  ~Hans