[pmwiki-users] problem with downloading updated recipe zip file

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Fri Jan 23 17:32:08 CST 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 11:22:22PM +0000, Hans wrote:
> Friday, January 23, 2009, 11:06:22 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > That said, I usually use Shift+Reload in my browser (Firefox 3)
> > to force a re-fetch from the server.
>
> That goes fine usually with pages, and even with php files which
> I can open as text in a new window, then use Shift reload or Ctrl-F5.
> But clicking a zip file opens it for download, and no recurse to
> refresh.
>
> > Also, I've checked the file timestamps at pmwiki.org, and it
> > appears that the correct file is in the uploads directory
> > and is available for downloading.  You can check
> > at http://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/ .
>
> Yes, I see that. The file is there, so near, but so far...
> I tried using opera now, with the same result: I get an old version
> from last summer. This is so annoying.
> I wonder how others fare.
>
> I update a recipe, announce the update on the Cookbook page, or even
> this list, and others going to download, then wonder why this thing
> is behaving so badly, because they install an old version....
>
> Is there no better way?

As far as I can tell there's not anything on pmwiki.org causing
the issue, and when I download foxforum.zip using Firefox I
get the version that's there (the md5sums match).  So I suspect
it has something to do with your connection.

Currently (23:31 UTC) I show foxforum.zip as being 83,612 bytes
and an md5sum of 5cde9649152ed0b4d68bd919e7d295d6 .
Perhaps others can verify this?