[pmwiki-users] problem with downloading updated recipe zip file

Hans design5 at softflow.co.uk
Fri Jan 23 17:22:22 CST 2009

Friday, January 23, 2009, 11:06:22 PM, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> That said, I usually use Shift+Reload in my browser (Firefox 3)
> to force a re-fetch from the server.

That goes fine usually with pages, and even with php files which
I can open as text in a new window, then use Shift reload or Ctrl-F5.
But clicking a zip file opens it for download, and no recurse to
refresh.

> Also, I've checked the file timestamps at pmwiki.org, and it
> appears that the correct file is in the uploads directory
> and is available for downloading.  You can check
> at http://pmwiki.org/pmwiki/uploads/Cookbook/ .

Yes, I see that. The file is there, so near, but so far...
I tried using opera now, with the same result: I get an old version
from last summer. This is so annoying.
I wonder how others fare.

I update a recipe, announce the update on the Cookbook page, or even
this list, and others going to download, then wonder why this thing
is behaving so badly, because they install an old version....

Is there no better way?

  ~Hans