[pmwiki-users] Self registration

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud at pobox.com
Thu Jan 22 19:42:20 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 04:57:37PM -0500, Henrik Bechmann wrote:
> If it is important to maintain 10,000 user profiles for a PmWiki website, it
> might be better to go for PHP5 and use the built-in SQLite support... not
> trivial though, in terms of finding or writing an interface, and integrating
> the result into PmWiki. No doubt a recipe candidate...

Getting PmWiki to read authentication information from an SQLite
database is likely pretty easy -- IIRC we already have some
capability to do it for MySQL.

Providing forms for adding entries to the database and allowing
people to change their password would be non-trivial... as it
is for any storage mechanism we might choose to use.

It would be really nice if we could abstract the interface for
changing passwords from the underlying storage mechanism
(using OO here would be likely).  Regardless, it's a fair
amount of work but we might be able to come up with something.