[pmwiki-users] Documentation of Recipes (was: Pre-announcing 2.2.0...)

Michael Shanley mike at upisup.com
Thu Jan 22 10:33:56 CST 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 10:44 AM, Patrick R. Michaud <pmichaud at pobox.com>wrote:

> SiteAdmin/ is for things that are definitely not user-visible,
> such as passwords.  There aren't many things that fall into this
> category.
>
> Site/ is for things that are shared across the entire site,
> such as edit forms, page not found messages, search pages,
> pagelist templates, etc.  These pages must be readable by
> non-admins, otherwise non-admins cannot edit, perform searches,
> etc.

 The cmsmode recipe uses some simple code to prevent users from accessing
such pages directly, while still allowing read access for includes and
searchs. Is it foreseeable that such a page attribute could be added to
allow an easier way for admins to do this kind of organizing?

This is why we have per-page passwords and authorization.

> No, it's exactly what categories are intended to do.  If we
> provide an easy way for admins to enable/disable site and recipe
> documentation, then I think it all just works out.
>
> Pm

I agree. An easy enable/disable  would alleviate all of my concerns. More
than anything, I simply have a different view of organization, which I
always implement anyway. My main concern was that I should be able to
exercise that control post-implementation of the handy new features
proposed, because the future of PmWiki is bright indeed!

Mike