[pmwiki-users] Problem with downloading files

Sameer Kumar sameerkumar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 14:31:28 CST 2009

> I am trying to create a new wiki.  I have downloaded the latest version of
> PM Wiki from the website unzipped it, and copied it into a folder. When I
> open the folder the config.php, index.php and phpwiki.php files are
> displayed as DreamWeaver icons.  When I click on them they attempt to open
> in DreamWeaver, then show an error message.

Assuming that you are trying to do this in Windows, you need to change the
default software that opens the .php filetype. One way to do this is to
right click on the file and select "Open with..." and then "Choose
program...". Navigate to a text-editor that you typically use for editing
code (Notepad or Wordpad would work). Make sure that you have checked the
box in front of "Always use this program to open this type of file".

Alternatively, from any Windows explorer window, you could go to
Tools>Folder Options> File Types. Scroll down to the "PHP" file type and
select it. It will give you an option below to chose the default program
that should open that file.