[pmwiki-users] fox: input textarea; not able to set ptvfmt

noskule noskule at gmx.net
Mon Jan 19 07:23:10 CST 2009

hi hans & list
While  migrating all my fox forms to the newest version I noticed that
ptvfmt don't work anymore. Heres the part:

    (:input textarea name=$:Summary cols=43 rows=3:)
    (:foxptv {$EditTarget} ptvfields=Summary ptvclear=Summary
    (:foxcheck ptv_Summary msg='please add a
summary!':)%red%(:foxmessage blog ptv_Summary:)%%

What happens is, that ptvfmt is "hidden" no matter what I define with

I figured out that if works with fields which don't use name=$:XXX. But
in textarea fields this is the only way (I know) where I'm able to
preload the default values.

The whole form is here:

How do I get this working? Thanks for any hints